Thanks Louis Vuitton for the inspiration!

Tuesday 12 February 2008



















After spotting this Louis Vuitton silk and tweed suit in a magazine (probably Australian Vogue), I thought that I could easily make something similar and save myself some serious dollars as well! So I did......

It's made from cotton waffle weave from Spotlight (an Australian fabric chain store) purchased last year specifically for this project (and not for the stash yay!), and some white cotton in the same texture and weight that I had serendipitously bought early last year from an op shop (that's Aussie for thrift store)

The skirt pattern I used is a vintage Very Easy Vogue (c1970s), whilst the jacket is a modified version B of New Look 6725 (OOP)

These were insanely easy to sew, I made this suit start to finish in about a day and a half, and the suit has passed the wear test and the compliment test (both from my husband and people at work!) That's a winner in my books.....

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely on you! Very classy! I would love to see a detail picture.

    ReplyDelete